Improve Grammar by Practicing Basic Tenses
Goal – To improve grammar, vocabulary, and phrases!
This intermediate level book contains two short stories for each basic tense. For each tense, there are two tense-specific stories and two combined tense stories. So, in part one, that focuses on the present tense, there are two stories that use only the present simple, two stories that use the present continuous, two that use the present simple passive, and two that use the present continuous passive. Once you’ve completed all of those, there are two more stories that combine all four present tenses.
Book $29.95 CAD
pdf $15.95 CAD
For each exercise you:
- read a complete text for meaning
- re-read the text, but this time, underline the basic structure in the complete text
- move on to the gap-fill exercise and fill in the gaps with the appropriate basic tense structure
- check your basic tense structure against your underlined structure in the complete text.
In Part 1,
- simple passive
- continuous passive
In Part 2,
- Simple passive
- Continuous passive
In Part 3,
The students at Ottawa English have been using this one-a-day workbook to improve grammar and tense accuracy for many years. Improving their tense accuracy has helped them achieve a high score in:
- CELPIP Writing & Speaking
- IELTS Writing & Speaking
- CAEL Writing & Speaking
This book will also help you learn vocabulary related to: transportation, everyday situations, food, education, entertainment, recreation, shopping, people, places, art, clothes, computers, etc.
For even more tense practice, please take a look at the silent tense boards on my YouTube Channel