As your TOEFL Tutor, I’ll help you prepare for the TOEFL Test. The TOEFL test is often used to satisfy the language requirements for higher education or applications to professional associations in Canada. Getting the score you need in this language test can be tricky, but I’ll show you lots of tips, tricks and techniques that help.
Please contact, call or text 613-614-6460 for more information
As your TOEFL Tutor, I can help you prepare for the writing and/or speaking sections of the TOEFL Test.
If you’re just days away from your test, you may find that a two-hour class with your TOEFL Tutor helps to remind you about the little things that make such a huge difference to your final score. Your class will focus on the fixing the little things that could prevent you from achieving your desired score. While those errors tend to be unique to each student, common problem areas that quickly reduce your score include:
- missing verbs – especially with tenses that combine an auxiliary verb with a participle
- missing agreements – particularly the ‘d’ in the past tense
- missing plurals – that’s the ‘s’ that you have to add to plural nouns
- missing articles – they’re important!
- inadequate sentence variety – examiners love BIG FAT juicy nouns
- inadequate language efficiency
- incorrect punctuation – it’s essential!
- too many conjunctive adverbs – yes, you can have too many!
- too few complex sentences – most writing and speaking needs more of them
- too few referents – examiners hate repetition
- confused adjectives when describing feelings and situations – you simply have to get those right
- confusion over when to use a gerund or an infinitive – it matters!
If you have several problem areas, you should expect to need more than one class. There’s a limit to how much your brain can take in!
Picking a Time
I’m based in Ottawa, Ontario, so when you start thinking about booking a time with me as your TOEFL Tutor, do keep in mind that the difference in our time zones can make certain parts of your day impossible for me. I’m happy to schedule your classes between 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time.
Pricing & Packages for TOEFL Tutor
Try a lesson before committing to a full package
Choose what you’d like to work on.
Identify your glaring errors
Focus on Speaking, writing, or a combination of both
Writing and/or Speaking Booster
Identify & fix the problem areas preventing your success
Get feedback on essays and/or recorded responses
Test Preparation for Writing & Speaking
Improve your score in WRITING and/or SPEAKING
Get feedback on essays and/or recorded responses
Please call or text 613-614-6460 for more information
TOEFL Tutor for Speaking
As your TOEFL tutor for speaking, I’ll coach you through the 4 question types that appear in the Speaking section of the TOEFL test. We’ll practice speaking about a range of topics to strengthen your vocabulary, and we’ll also work on a few ways of improving your language efficiency. By the time you head off to your test, you’ll feel so confident about your performance that you’ll ace your test.
As we tackle each of the four questions in the TOEFL Speaking test, we’ll look at some different ways of justifying your personal choice, analyzing a campus announcement, summarizing a reading and a lecture, and then summarizing a lecture.
My goal as your TOEFL tutor is to familiarize you with the requirements for the score you need to achieve.
“…Thank you so much. I don’t think I could have done it without you…”
TOEFL Tutor for Writing
As your TOEFL Tutor for writing, I’ll help you put your best foot forward when composing your responses to writing tasks 1 and 2. I’ll make sure that you’re using the structures, punctuation, format, and sentence variety that you need for your intended score.
TOEFL Integrated Writing Tasks
For the TOEFL integrated writing task, you should be ready to answer a question using information from a lecture and a reading.
You have about 20 minutes to complete your essay in about 300 words.
TOEFL Independent Writing Tasks
For the independent essay in TOEFL writing task 2, you should be ready to offer your opinion about something.
You have about 40 minutes to write and edit your response of about 300 words
Advantages of working with
an Online TOEFL Tutor
- Practice your English from home
- Access classes from anywhere in the world. Many of our students live in Dubai, France, Germany, and Brazil
- Learn and improve at your own speed
- Record your classes for later review
- Receive lots of individual help
- Maximize conversation opportunities
- Target only the things you need, and want, to work on
- Waste very little of your time
- Schedule your classes to fit your busy life – Monday – Friday 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time
Disadvantages of working with an Online TOEFL Tutor
The only real disadvantage to working with a TOEFL Tutor Online is the available class times.
You can only schedule your classes between 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time. So, students in Moscow, Dubai, Israel, and India, etc. should expect to take their classes during their early evening when it’s between 10am and 12pm in Ottawa.
You can’t use your phone for your classes. The small size of phone screens makes it very difficult for you to participate in your class fully. In order to see my shared screen, you will need the full-sized monitor of a laptop, iPad, or computer monitor.