As your CAEL Tutor, I can help you prepare for the CAEL English Test. The CAEL test is often used to satisfy the language requirements for higher education or applications to professional associations in Canada. Getting a high score in this language test can be tricky, but I’ll show you lots of tips, tricks and techniques that help.
Please contact, call or text 613-614-6460 for more information
As your CAEL Tutor, I can help you prepare for the writing and/or speaking sections of the CAEL Test.
If you’re just days away from your test, you may find that a two-hour class with your CAEL Tutor helps to remind you about the little things that make such a huge difference to your final score. Your class will focus on the fixing the little things that could prevent you from achieving your desired score. While those errors tend to be unique to each student, common problem areas that quickly reduce your score include:
- missing verbs – especially with tenses that combine an auxiliary verb with a participle
- missing agreements – particularly the ‘d’ in the past tense
- missing plurals – that’s the ‘s’ that you have to add to plural nouns
- missing articles – they’re important!
- inadequate sentence variety – examiners love BIG FAT juicy nouns
- inadequate language efficiency
- incorrect punctuation – it’s essential!
- too many conjunctive adverbs – yes, you can have too many!
- too few complex sentences – most writing and speaking needs more of them
- too few referents – examiners hate repetition
- confused adjectives when describing feelings and situations – you simply have to get those right
- confusion over when to use a gerund or an infinitive – it matters!
If you have several problem areas, you should expect to need more than one class. There’s a limit to how much your brain can take in!
Picking a Time
I’m based in Ottawa, Ontario, so when you start thinking about booking a time with me as your CAEL Tutor, do keep in mind that the difference in our time zones can make certain parts of your day impossible for me. I’m happy to schedule your classes between 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time.
Pricing & Packages for CAEL Tutor
Try a lesson before committing to a full package
Choose what you’d like to work on.
Identify your glaring errors
Focus on Speaking, writing or a combination of both
Writing and/or Speaking Booster
Identify & fix the problem areas preventing your success
Get feedback essays and/or recorded responses
Test Preparation for Writing & Speaking
Improve your score in WRITING and/or SPEAKING
Get feedback essays and/or recorded responses
Please call or text 613-614-6460 for more information
CAEL Tutor for Speaking
As your CAEL tutor for speaking, I’ll coach you through the 5 parts of the CAEL Speaking Test. We’ll practice speaking about a range of topics to strengthen your vocabulary, and we’ll also work on a few ways of improving your language efficiency. By the time you head off to your test, you’ll feel so confident about your performance that you’ll ace your test.
My goal as your CAEL tutor is to familiarize you with the requirements for the score you need to achieve.
“…Thank you so much. I don’t think I could have done it without you…”
CAEL Tutor for Writing
As your CAEL Tutor for writing, I’ll help you put your best foot forward when composing your responses to writing tasks 1 and 2. I’ll make sure that you’re using the structures, punctuation, format, and sentence variety that you need for your intended score.
CAEL Writing Tasks
CAEL Long Writing Task 1
For the long writing task, you should be ready to write an essay that uses information form both a lecture and a reading.
You have about 35 minutes to complete your essay in about 250 words.
CAEL Short Writing Task 2
For the summary in CAEL writing task 2, you should be ready to summarize either a short lecture or reading passage.
You have about 10 minutes to write and edit your response. Your goal is write about 100 words.
Advantages of working with
an Online IELTS Tutor
- Practice your English from home
- Access classes from anywhere in the world. Many of our students live in Dubai, France, Germany, and Brazil
- Learn and improve at your own speed
- Record your classes for later review
- Receive lots of individual help
- Maximize conversation opportunities
- Target only the things you need, and want, to work on
- Waste very little of your time
- Schedule your classes to fit your busy life – Monday – Friday 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time
Disadvantages of working with an Online IELTS Tutor
The only real disadvantage to working with an IELTS Tutor Online is the available class times.
You can only schedule your classes between 10am and 9pm Eastern Standard Time. So, students in Moscow, Dubai, Israel, and India, etc. should expect to take their classes during their early evening when it’s between 10am and 12pm in Ottawa.
You can’t use your phone for your classes. The small size of phone screens makes it very difficult for you to participate in your class fully. In order to see my shared screen, you will need the full-sized monitor of a laptop, iPad, or computer monitor.